Queen Sofía Spanish Institute is located at 684 Park Avenue in a McKim, Mead & White neo-Federal townhouse. Built in 1926 as a residence for Oliver D. Filley, son-in-law of Percy R. Pyne, the building was donated to the Institute in 1965 by Margaret Rockefeller Strong, Marquesa de Cuevas. It was given landmark status by the city of New York in 1980.
The Institute’s elegant second floor is available for private and corporate rentals throughout the year. Reached by a sweeping spiral staircase, as well as elevator service, it consists of the grand Salon Carlos IV, the wood paneled Studio (pictured above) and the Terrace, ideal for use during warm-weather months.
The Institute also has two galleries, which are available for use between exhibitions. The main floor gallery can seat 60 guests for a lecture or symposium, and the lower gallery, equipped with P.A. and projection systems, can seat up to 120 guests.
To inquire about event space at Queen Sofía Spanish Institute, please complete the below form or contact us at 212.628.0420.